The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator is Classical Conversations’ system manager for CC’s LMS (including Learning Pathways and CC Connected). The LMS Administrator is the liaison between Information Technology (IT) and content managers among CC’s Field Training/Operations, Academic Team, and other stakeholders to identify requirements, support integration and configuration needs, document system changes, create reports, and oversee modifications implemented within the LMS and/or customer facing site (CC Connected). The LMS Administrator develops LMS training and support plans in conjunction with business stakeholders and IT Help Desk to provide necessary training and support to all LMS users. The LMS Administrator works with eLogic Learning to provide Level 3 & 4 support for all LMS users – both internal employees and customers, administrators and level users, and ensures strategy with business to maximize the use of eLogic Learning eSSentials LMS to solve business issues for process and process improvement opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and technical work experience
· 5+ years of experience in learning management system design, implementation, support, and administration, including system and analytical reporting, LMS content management, and technical documentation.
· Experience with eLogic Learning’s eSSential LMS is strongly preferred.
· Experience with Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) standards: SCORM & API (Tin Can) for LMS content.
· Experience developing content pages using HTML and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
· Skilled in using analytical, statistical, dashboard and/or business intelligence packages.
· Experience working with databases (MS SQL Server), including query and report design.
· Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC), including familiarity with eLearning software development and publishing for LMS systems.
· Experience in working with Project Management with cross-functional project teams and subject matter experts.
· Technical writing experience, including technical requirements documentation, test plans, process documents, and comprehensive user guides as well as support/job aids and training materials.
· Attention to detail to work within complex data management and data warehousing environments.
· Ability to identify, design and construct solutions and operate procedures to address specific business needs as well as implement process improvements where identified.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including formal presentation and/or training skills
· Excellent customer service, issue investigation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills.
· Ability to translate technical concepts/topics into simple-language for non-technical audiences and vice versa.
· Ability to collaborate and work with cross-function teams of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
· Advanced computer skills and an understanding of computer hardware, networking, and software applications, including advance skills with/experience with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Excellent computer knowledge.
· Customer Service abilities.
• Identifies needs and documents requirements for feature request/product enhancements based on changing business needs and submits to vendor and CC manager.
• Liaises with IT and other business stakeholders (such as Legal, Field Training, and Academic Team) to identify and address integration needs/changes between the LMS and internal systems.
• Works closely with vendor and other resources throughout the LMS implementation and system configuration process to ensure requirements are met.
• Develops test plans and coordinates, executes, and documents user acceptance testing of all new/updated features prior to release into production.
• Coordinates and oversees the compilation and import of all historical training data into new LMS and validates data integrity/security.
• Plans and executes communications to appropriate audiences about all LMS related events, transitions/updates, training opportunities, etc.
• Manages LMS vendor relationship and stays abreast of all software updates/enhancements, performs advanced review of release notes, conducts proper testing of all features prior to rollout in production, and prepares for all users for upcoming changes.
• Participate on any LMS advisory councils/customer advisory boards to contribute feedback on future LMS enhancements/feature requests.
• Works with LMS vendor to understand (at an expert level) all system configurations, capabilities, and limitations.
• Performs all necessary system configurations and maintains records/logs of all executed changes and updates within the LMS.
• Collaborates with IT technical resources and database administrators to coordinate all back-end system maintenance/service and planned outages/downtime.
• Defines and documents system security requirements and the corresponding configurations that enable to necessary user and group permissions within the LMS.
• Identifies database tables and fields required for new reports; designs and develops ad hoc queries/reports for analytical reporting (using MS SQL and/or MS Access).
• Generates analytical reporting on LMS system and KPI metrics, including performance, adoption, contents, etc.
• Develops LMS support plans in conjunction with IT Help Desk and business stakeholders to provide necessary support to LMS users.
• Monitors LMS support email and phone number and responds to all support requests within the accepted SLA timeframes.
• Engages with technical resources and subject matter experts to identify and resolve all Level 1 & 2 support issues.
• Identifies Level 3 support needs and generates vendor support tickets with all pertinent information.
• Manages and tracks Level 3 & 4 support tickets and escalations with LMS vendors.
• Works it IT Help Desk to compile and resort on Level 1 & 2 support tickets.
• Keeps record of all support tickets, escalations, service level agreements, and provides reporting on LMS support services provided.
• Creates and maintains all LMS technical documentation, system integrations and configuration information for reference and to track system changes.
• Participates in the software development life cycle (SDLC) for all new LMS system customizations and integrations, including documenting business and functional requirements, developing QA test plans and writing test cases, documenting system configuration specifications, and creating security and integration process maps.
• Designs and develops LMS training materials, including but not limited to, eLearning, presentations, comprehensive user guides, job aids, and other learning materials.
• Identifies LMS training needs – both internal and external, administrator and user level – and coordinates appropriate training events to meet business needs.
• Delivers LMS and related training via instructor-led webinars and/or classroom sessions as required to both internal and external audiences, at any level.
Develops and documents best practices and procedures related to administering and using the LMS, including quick reference guides for various administrator levels.