We are in need of a seasonal accountant to perform basic accounting related tasks and functions, including but not limited to processing Accounts Payable, reconciling Sales Events and order entry, invoicing, data entry, account balancing, file maintenance, incoming and outgoing mail, and assisting our Accounting department as needed.
This seasonal position is needed on a part-time basis during April, moving to full-time in May, ending in mid to late August.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manuals, and written directions
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, Slack, and using the internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Receiving of vendor invoices, verifying receiving documentation matches invoiced amounts, making appropriate entries into accounting business systems, and paying vendors by check or other methods
- Maintain vendor files and reconciling vendor statements
- Monitoring accounting system entries (purchase and invoice records) to ensure all transactions are up to date, properly entered into the system, and are paid and processed in a timely fashion
- Researching discrepancies between receiving documentation and vendor invoice by working with both internal and external sources to resolve issues
- Timely completion of payments to avoid service charges, interest charges, or late fees
- Balancing of credit card statements to ensure all charged amounts are for valid purchases and that documentation exists for the verification of the purchase
- Processing of internal customers’ purchase orders (PO) and payment requests
- Under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor, process book sales events receipts, orders, payments and paperwork
- Process all daily inbound and outgoing mail
- Receive, record and enter director licensing payments into our accounting system, maintain records of payments, research issues, assist with collection efforts
This position must be performed onsite at our corporate office in Southern Pines, NC.