The Project Manager (PM) oversees the planning, implementation, and assessment of approved projects for the Classical Conversations MultiMedia, following best practices of project management, in support of the company’s overall mission and goals.
The PM must be able to multi-task to keep each project forward toward an agreed upon result. The PM must possess the skills and knowledge to perform any and all related functions of project management including: project planning and documentation, team support, timely communication and monitoring, risk management, and quality control. PM must be a quick learner who is prepared to cultivate product knowledge, program knowledge, and industry knowledge.
- A BA/BS degree in Business, Management, Communications, or other related field.
- PMP certification (or working toward) is beneficial, but not required
- 2-5 years of experience managing projects
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks according to communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Strong time management skills, and proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be able to communicate well with different levels of management with a variety of personality types.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Confident user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Able to listen well and identify process improvements based on feedback from team members and senior management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to meet project deadlines and communicate to all team members who are involved in projects
- Demonstrated technical aptitude; learns new programs and software quickly and independently
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to manage change.
- Define the scope of each project in collaboration with senior management.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities, using the company’s project management system.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Ensure that all project information is appropriately documented according to established CCMM templates and processes.
- Execute the project according to the project plan.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as needed to ensure the successful completion of the project. Develop and follow a plan for change management.
- Establish a communication plan to update stakeholders on the progress of the project. Coordinate project communication across departments. Escalate appropriate communication if project is in jeopardy of missing overall deadlines, failing to meet standards, or exceeding budget.
- Review the quality of work completed on a regular basis to ensure that it meets project standards.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the project as established during the planning phase, using a combination of qualitative and quantitative assessments.