Classical Conversations MultiMedia (CCMM) Graphic Designer helps to create and maintain curriculum materials, training materials, and products consistent with the mission and vision of Classical Conversations. The Graphic Designer upholds Classical Conversations’ brand standards and helps communicate them to others.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the graphic design industry
- Highly creative; skilled in graphic design and layout
- Passionate about helping families give their children a classical, Christian education at home.
- Has regular access to high-speed Internet connectivity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to travel two to three weeks per year.
- Ability to travel to the corporate office on short notice as needed.
- Ability to engage in web-based communications.
- Ability to work with photographers to achieve the desired look and feel in a photo shoot.
- Knowledge about print production processes (preparing files for press, communicating with prepress).
- Knowledge about the design constraints of digital platforms (social media, websites, apps, e-books).
- Some knowledge of copyright and licensing as it pertains to images.
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; some knowledge of InCopy preferred.
- Ability to re-work designs in response to feedback; handles criticism professionally.
- Ability to work well under short deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with strong in-person and online presentation skills.
- Design: For new project requests, gathers information and reviews goals, purpose, and audience before beginning work. Creates sample layouts of art and copy and obtains approval from key players. Prepares finished copy and art for delivery in appropriate medium (electronic, print). Coordinates with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. as needed to review and correct design proofs.
- Accountability: Completes a personal scorecard monthly in support of company goals.
- Stewardship: Consults manager before spending monies that require reimbursement. Keeps senior graphic designer and manager informed about workload.
- Continued Learning: Attends quarterly round tables and biannual on-site meetings and completes Personal Learning Plan. Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies as needed.
- Communication: Posts daily Slack updates. Attends weekly online meetings with the team. Communicates out to senior graphic designer and manager with status updates, questions, and blockers. Escalates issues to group lead and manager as needed.
- Reporting: Gathers monthly updates for the senior graphic designer as requested.
- Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, up to eight hours per day, with breaks.
- Communicating over the Internet and via phone
This is a remote position; 2-3 weeks per year spent in travel for meetings with other employees in an office environment.