The Portal Administrator is responsible for ensuring that our field leaders receive the training and support they need in order to utilize the portal successfully. In addition, this position meets with IT staff to ensure that the portal is working properly.
The CC portal is an online system that is used primarily by our field leaders to manage their communities, programs, and events. It also serves as the database of all of the families and students that are part of Classical Conversations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be highly organized and skilled in creating training materials such as how-to documents, PowerPoint presentations, webinars, and brief screencast videos.
- Must have the ability to successfully manage products from start to finish.
- Must have strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to quickly learn and understand the various business processes of Classical Conversations.
- Must be able to quickly troubleshoot technical problems and send notifications to the IT department.
1. Administrative Activities
a. Maintain the annual portal activity calendar
b. Develop and send monthly portal report
c. Interface with WalkMe vendor and manage contract as necessary
d. Post and remove documents in the portal library as may be requested
2. Direct Support Activities
a. Answer customer service questions related to the portal while giving priority attention to senior field leaders
b. Respond to portal related inquiries that may be received via Slack
c. Perform periodic quality control checks to ensure that portal related tickets are being answered in a timely and accurate manner
3. System Management Activities
a. Continually monitor the portal to ensure that all functions are fully operational
b. Submit bugs and feature requests that relate to the portal
c. Monitor progress on bugs and feature requests – provide direction to IT staff as may be necessary
d. Participate in project meetings and other discussions that impact portal operations
e. Periodically evaluate the needs of portal users and determine possible enhancements
4. Training and Communications Activities
a. Direct the WalkMe program, which includes ensuring that new tutorials, Walk Thrus, Smart Tips, etc. are developed and deployed as necessary
b. Lead training on the portal to customer service staff, CC employees, and end users which may include in-person presentations and hosting GoTo meetings
c. Develop instructional materials related to the portal including screencast videos, gifs, images, and written instructions
d. Communicate changes with portal operations to appropriate individuals, which may include posting updates in the appropriate Slack channels, updating the “What’s New” section in the portal, and providing verbiage to the communications team for enewsletters, etc.