The Homeschool Testing Services Associate position is a new opportunity to help with the day to day duties of the Homeschool Testing Services warehouse. If you are detail-oriented and a hard worker, this position may be for you. You will play an essential role in the efficiency and timely nature of shipments. You must be able to perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. This position will require you to lift to 20lbs at any given time, potentially as heave as 50 lbs., as well as bending and reaching.
- Standing for several hours a day with intermittent breaks
- Familiarity with standard computer applications
- Follows procedures involving time-sensitive steps
- Ability to lift and move moderately heavy boxes multiple times per shift
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading boxes and checking on merchandise multiple times per shift
- Maintain area security and follow established security protocols
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates, and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing requests, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust, and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
List physical demands of the position. Regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. Ability to talk, and hear. Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-20lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects over 50lbs. Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.