The Sales Manager directs and drives sales of Classical Conversations’ products, programs and services. The Sales Manager will be responsible for community, program administration and quality, and student numbers in a designated territory. The Sales Manager will oversee the integrity and quality of programs within that territory to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. In addition, the Sales Manager will be the primary point-of-contact for sales contractors and ensures the follow through and integrity of processes for the field. The Sales Manager will manage sales of auxiliary products and services and may be the corporate contact representing the region.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous Sales, Management and Marketing Experience
- Ability to interact well with different levels of management
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, good listener
- Familiar with budgets and general accounting principles
- Preferred previous experience as a Classical Conversations Contractor or employee
- Ability to mentor and coach teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the general sales cycles including promotion, presentation and closing sales.
- Detailed and organized. Able to manage multiple tasks and interactions easily.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in creating, analyzing, and interpreting data reports.
- Responsible for managing sales, revenue, expenses, and profits of a regional territory.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring goal numbers of families, programs, and communities.
- Meet student, program, and community growth goals, and student retention and progression goals for territory.
- Meet other Classical Conversations’ product and/or program growth and maintenance goals including “initiative” goals.
- Manage budget.
- Responsible for contracting of CC Area & Support Representatives and CC licensed Directors in Sales Manager territory
- Responsible for Quality and Integrity and meeting customer satisfaction benchmarks
- Communicate regularly with sales contractors
- Maintain customer and contractor relationships
- Manage relational, Intellectual Property, and contractual issues within the territory at all levels of the company structure
- Generate (and help sales contractors to generate) sponsorship leads and provide at least one regional Practicum sponsor.